‘A’ Gas Installations is a trusted name in gas service, installation and maintenance and covers the Pretoria, Centurion, Johannesburg and Gauteng areas. We have full time office staff and experienced gas engineers ready assist our local community. Having worked and lived in the area for many years, the majority of our work is from customer recommendation and repeat business. However, we welcome new client and the chance to build solid foundations for professional relations!
Whether it is plumbing, heating or gas installations you require, we have the tools and expertise to get the job done right. We are skilled and competent to tackle all the aspects of plumbing and heating work – from gas safety inspections, installation of all gas equipment, gas and heating repairs to plumbing and spare plumbing parts. All our work is done with professional gas safety advice and according to specified guidelines.
- Quotation for installation in new and/or old buildings.
- Installation of all gas equipment.
- Testing of existing gas equipment.
- Certificate of compliance issued for new and old installations.
- New spares for appliances (if still available).
- Advice on which appliances to install.
- Advice regarding the features that would best suit the customer’s needs.
- Certificate of conformance issued on completion of installation.
- Certificate of conformance issued on existing installations (if correct).
Gas Safety Tips
It is extremely important that gas appliances are kept well maintained and serviced regularly, to keep them running safely and efficiently. Following are some handy tips to bear in mind:
- Only someone qualified should work on your gas appliances. Under no circumstances should you or an unqualified person attempt to repair or service gas appliances
- Make sure that your appliance is serviced regularly, according to the manufacturer’s recommendation in the instruction manual
- A clogged burner can lead to problems, so make sure to have it checked and cleaned regularly, to avoid dust and soot build-up
- Fans and air filters can also become clogged, leading to overheating and combustion problems. Check your owner’s manual to see how these should be cleaned
- Have a licensed gas technician check hoses, flues, and connections for leaks, as well as damage, blockages, and corrosion
- Regulators should also be checked regularly by someone qualified, and replaced if necessary